Post Specification: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Principle Investigator: Prof. Man Sing WONG
The Department of Land Surveying and Geo-Informatics (LSGI) at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University is seeking high quality candidates worldwide to fill one position for Postdoctoral Fellow in the areas of Remote Sensing (RS) and/or Geographical Information Science (GIS). The awardee will study one of the following areas:
- Urban remote sensing,
- Big data analytics,
- Environmental monitoring.
QUALIFICATIONS: A PhD degree in a related discipline.
Candidates can also demonstrate:
- Academic excellence,
- Research ability and potential,
- Cultural diversity,
- Leadership ability and societal responsibility, and
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
Candidates with the following skills are especially welcome.
- Practical skills in programming and mainstream RS and GIS software are expected.
- Candidates with experiences in spatial DBMS, R, Python, Java, or C++ are a plus.
- Candidates with strong publication records are a strong plus.
The department will provide a competitive monthly stipend to support a Postdoc Researcher for two years with possible extension.
For interested applicants, please contact Prof. Man Sing WONG at Ls.firstname.lastname@example.org
. The applicants should also attach a CV, detailing relevant research experiences, and publications if any.
DEADLINE: 31 January 2022.